Contact person: Prof. Habil Liviu Leontie; Phone 0232-201168;
• Developing new research directions in the field of solid state sensors and catalysts for pollutant gaseous compounds.
• Testing new tools with industrial applicability (new sensors for monitoring of gaseous pollutants and catalysts used in catalytic combustion of gases at low concentrations).
Areas of research
• Preparation and testing of gas sensor characteristics of some inorganic and organic materials and structures, by investigating the electric, optical, photoelectric, photoluminescence, and structural characteristics, as a function of pollutant nature and concentration.
• Preparation and testing of catalytic properties of some materials based on nanostructured oxide semiconductors, used for the catalytic combustion of gases at low concentrations.
• Synthesizing of some functional structures for polluting gas sensors and solid state catalysts.
• Detecting and monitoring gas-phase indoor pollutants (research laboratories).